Start your return journey
What's on offer?
Whatever the reasons for your break – whether you’ve taken time out to raise your family or care for someone, or to work abroad or in a different profession – our scheme could be for you.
- A bursary of up to £3,500 a month whilst you are on a placement
- A tailored programme to meet learning needs, experiences and personal commitments
- Help towards indemnity costs and other fees
- Relocation support for GPs relocating from overseas up to £18,500
- Help with visa costs and sponsorship for non-EEA clinicians
- Access to a dedicated account manager
- Up to four fully funded attempts at the I&R assessments
- Options to complete most parts of the scheme before moving back to England, if you are living overseas
- No fees for I&R assessments or the Portfolio Route
- Access to training and other educational and development support
Have you worked overseas as a GP for less than 10 years?
The scheme also includes a Portfolio Route for UK-qualified GPs who have been working overseas for less than 10 years with the option of no assessments and just a short one month refresher placement on their return.
The advisers couldn’t have been more helpful, especially with breaking down and working through all the requirements for the National Performer’s List. They replied promptly to any questions, and chased things up quickly. They were a great source of advice about things like where to get my occupational health check done and ensuring I activated my DBS check online.
Get in touch
Registering for the scheme means you will be joining or coming back to one of the most rewarding, challenging, flexible and diverse careers in medicine.
Watch our animation or download our brochure to find out more about the scheme and what’s involved.